03 November 2008

Big miles = big fun

2 day...200km...2 good rides...
Saturday we did Roubaix and it was really good. Thank you to the people who showed up! I really appreciate it. I wanted to do a ride that was fun and a bit random and that's exactly what we got.
Several folks from town came out as well as Bond, JC and Timberlake from the N.E.
We had three flats the whole day and I will only attribute one to the dirt sections. The other two were caused by other things, including a big pothole.
There were no complaints and no crashes. SoPro did decide to try her drifting skills on one section. I think she's ready for D1.
A few folks were conspicuous in the absence (Coco, Mula, BP...are you listening?)...
Lang gets the 1st Annual Columbia-Roubaix 'Hardman' Award. He rode his new cross bike WITH 34c knobbies!!!
It was a good time and I was tired when I got home. Of course, I did ride on the front for 95% of the time...
Sunday, we met for Il Prof's ride and had another good group. We did another 100km that included Double Elon (the correct way) and a run out to the old cricket store.
Again, it was a good ride, albeit a bit quicker in sections than it really should have been for November 2nd.
My back is suffering zero ill effects from two long days, so I'm happy...tired, but happy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm confused on this drifting skills comment... you'll have to fill me in.