01 June 2008

And we're done...

I'm tired...
I'm tired...
I'm tired...
I did the Beer Ride Friday Night. It was actually pretty enjoyable. I won't be making it a habit though. It's just a little bit too sketchy.
Saturday was the final nail in my week of training coffin. I woke up with heavy legs and not a lot of motivation. I went to the ride anyway. We did the normal Eastover Saturday loop and while I didn't feel terrible, I was really flat and just felt tired. The legs were nothing more than big, hollow meatsticks. I did everything from taking my pulls to tailgunning to simply just sitting up and falling off the back. I was dehydrated, hungry and grumpy for pretty much the whole ride.
I got home with another 90km and 2:45 on the bike.
For the week, I rode 6 of 7 days, did a total of 17 hours in the saddle and racked up 505km. Considering my back injury has kept me under 6 hours a week for the last 8 weeks or so, this was a HUGE week. I lost 5 pounds, yet ate everything in the house. The metabolism is definitely going again. It's 75 in here right now and I'm sweating like a hooker in church.
I'm going to take a couple of rest days and then ride easy on Tuesday...I'll either completely suck or get some fitness out of the past week.

The H.O. and the management trainees are home, so the quiet has come to an end.

Good luck to Casey today @ the CSC. Don't be intimidated!!!

No comments: