06 June 2008

Hot!

Holy crap! It's freaking hot! My geek-o weather station said it was 95 when I left for the ride last night...@ 5:45...and it's only June. August will be a barrel of monkeys. At this rate, I'll have to go sell vital fluids to pay the power bill.

After I was in the 75 degree house all day, it was a bit of a shock to the system. I knew I was in for a bad night. I felt flat and really blocked up. Going out through the Fort sucked and the ride didn't get any better from there. Thank God it wasn't a brutal ride. I tail-gunned most of it and after the rise on Airbase, I just gave up. No 'HTFU' last night. I felt sick and quit. Rob dropped off too, so we rode in together.
I need to get out in the heat to get acclimated.
A big group is going to the mountains tomorrow, so I'm likely just going to do a cross ride on the other side of the river. There are some trails over there I want to check out anyway.

Sunday, who knows...

No comments: