28 June 2008

The week that was

Tuesday, the H.O. had a business function in the evening, so she came home early so I could get on the bike. Doog and I went out and did a VERY slow loop of the Fort. Legs...crap! Lungs...crap! HR...crap! Just a bad ride all the way around.
Thursday came and I felt okay through the day. I figured the ride would be thin because Blood, Sweat and Gears was looming on so many horizons. We left with 10. Mark W. and Cisco turned around at the gate. We lost Sam and Joel and the very quick run down to Elon. I sat up to wait on them on the climb, but even at my snail-humping-a-turtle pace, they never returned. I got back on and the ride turmed into a rolling, 6 man, HARD tempo paceline. I felt really good and rode well.
We rolled in together and I took the sprint on Shop with ease.
Friday, right after lunch, I started to feel bad. By the time dinner rolled around, I was a hot mess. I felt like I was somewhere between and bonk and a hangover. I didn't eat or drink much of anything after the ride Thursday and think I got myself into some sort of glycogen/dehydration deficit. You know something is wrong when I go lay on the couch instead of eating pizza. I went to bed at 8:30 last night and woke up at 9 this morning!!!!!!!! I guess my body was trying to tell me something. I still feel a bit wonky today, but better.
Time for yet another big glass of Gatorade and something sweet...

Hope everyone enjoyed BS&G today...I've been laying around...

No comments: