17 June 2008

Signs

I went to the TNCWC tonight and actually felt decent. Warmup was good. I rode with Dr. LP for a long while....a good egg, that one!
Anyway, the race started and I felt okay, not great, but I wasn't suffering like the proverbial dog. About 15 minutes in, I went through turn 3 and the bike felt really washy in the back-end, or 'loose' for you NASCAR fans. You guessed it...soft tire. Sign #1...
I stopped to change it and noticed that the tire itself was fine, but the screw part of the valve had broken off at some point, causing the tire to go soft. Sign #2...
Michelin Pro Race 3 tires are some tight bitches, so I used my skewer as a lever. Evidently, in my haste to get the nut off the skewer, I lost one of the springs in the grass. It probably would have been okay, but I saw it as Sign #3 and just decided to call it a night. At that point, pretty much all motivation was gone anyway, so I just rode home slowly.
No sense in standing around to watch the end.

Uncle Shrews is rebuilding my front Williams 50C wheel. White Industries hub and CX-Rays will make it mo betta. They are great wheels, but the front hub design is shit...and I told WIlliams that...! It's an American Classic Micro design...(scratches head). If you're gonna copy something, copy a good something! Jeez...

See you Thursday...

No comments: