11 June 2008

Just what I wanted...

I went out to the crit last night, wanting nothing more than to spin some garbage out of my legs. I rode out, warmed up and rode the first 20 minutes. The group was BIG last night...probably around 50 or so. Attacks started from the gun and I just rode around on the back. I did close a couple of gaps and took a few pulls, but that was it. My legs were still heavy from Sunday and I'm just not going to push too hard until my back is 100%. I figure I'm at 80-85% right now...
I rode in the drops, pushed hard and stood up to sprint a few times with little anguish. It may be time to start introducing some anger and speedwork back into the program...
I actually kind of missed sweeping through the turns at high speed. The back of the bunch is a scary, scary place though...my fitnees precludes time on the front however!

I do feel better today. My legs aren't heavy and my back feels fine...we'll see.

Oh, if you're looking for bike stuff on the cheap, check out www.chainlove.com

And if you want some drama, go to the link >>>>> marked "Hoovis". It seems the new promoter of one of the most successful race series on the east coast has given everyone the big middle finger...! I'll just say that they are waaaay nicer up there than I would have expected. It's hard to believe that none of those guys has an acquaintance that wears shiny suits and has "The" for a middlename. It is right outside of Philly after all...

No comments: