09 October 2007

You gotta love the warranty...

The Damocles gave up the ghost over the weekend. I noticed it had some cracking under the BB/chainstay junction and those cracks had begun to migrate. On Sunday, I stood to cross the railroad tracks on Beltline and the combo of the two dealt the deathblow. There are now cracks on the tops of the chainstays as well...

Needless to say, the frameset has been torn down and is going out today for warranty replacement. I'm a bit melacholy right now. I really liked the bike, but I am receiving an upgrade for a replacement frameset.

A small amount of $ changed hands and I am now the proud owner of a Ridley Helium...

The next two weeks is going to be a long time...! At least I didn't have to wait 8 weeks like Joel! Hell, I took pictures of the cracked frame and it was enough to warranty it...

The crosser is set up for the road. The last time I was forced to use a cross bike for a primary roadie, Corbett and I ate shit out on Congress...

No comments: