24 October 2007

Day 4 of 4

Today is the last day of my 4 day, single-parenting stint. The H.O. will be home tonight at some point. I say at some point because when she is out of town, she somehow forgets how to dial a telephone or use email to contact her husband and/or check on the management trainees.
Honestly, it's really not all that hard to wrangle two kids. It's the other stuff that suffers. I haven't ridden since Sunday, sleep has become a luxury which it seems I cannot afford and the house looks like a troupe of baboons has been living here. Well, maybe just one, 2 year old baboon who refuses to take naps and has too many toys...
Oh, did I mention it's raining cats and dogs? Pretty much shoots any outside plans in the ass.

It's 4 p.m. now...and I can tell you that the boys will be in bed in right around three hours.

Doogie Hammer M.D. is in for the impending night rides. I've put out feelers to the guys at Summit and Cycle Center. Contacting Outjokin' is fruitless, as the employees there don't ride during the day, but I digress.
If you have interest, shoot me a comment or email. I'm thinking the trail rides will be Thursday nights, since that night seems more open for a lot of folks. All are welcome, but you will need lights and some sort of off-road bike. The rides won't be test-fests, but your heartrate will go up and stay there.

I'm riding tomorrow night if anyone is interested. Either a loop of the Fort on the roadie or a road out, trail back on the cross bike.

If not, see you guys Saturday...

No comments: