16 October 2007

Last of season

Seven of us showed up for the TNCWC tonight. We sat for a while and then pretty much just rolled around. BLK took off and we gave a half-hearted chase for a while. I quit chasing after I followed Ladd into the top corner and the cross bike did a two-step under me. I even had the soft wheels and tires on tonight and the damn thing still wouldn't turn. I sat up and rode tempo for about 20 minutes and then just stopped. A new guy and his girlfriend came out, so I stopped to chat with them. Nice kids...USC students...she looked like she was about 14...I felt old.

The Ridley will be here Thursday...yippee! I bought a ceramic BB(waiting for it), a carbon front derailleur clamp(waiting) and I fixed the rear Mavic brake. I decided to given the bolt another go and snapped the head clean off. I put the Channel Locks on the nub and gave it a big effort and the damn thing broke loose and came right out. Thank goodness! I hated for that one bolt to, A)kick my ass and B)make a high $ set of brakes into paperweights. They're rare enough as a set, much less finding just the rear!

I also bought a new pair of shoes. Specialized Pro Road...! I've worn Diadora for so long and the new Diadoras fit differently, so I decided to try something new. I probably won't break them out until spring though. No reason to foul up new shoes in the winter.

No ride for me Thursday. The H.O. will be out of town, so I'm charged with heading up the management training program. When the trainees go to bed, I'll be building the new whip...
It will be road worthy and out on Saturday morning!!!

Saturday 9 a.m. @ the circle...

No comments: