25 October 2007

4 days off makes the legs stiff

Holy schnikeys! I must admit that I'm not at all fit right now and I'm very tired from my single parenting duties, but DAMN were my legs stiff tonight. I did a loop of the Fort and while it wasn't the slowest ever, it was close.
It was a good ride though. I needed to get out in the fresh air and get some blood moving around. And GD does the new bike ride GOOD!
Coming past the backside of the golf course, I looked up and there was a huge doe standing in the right lane. As I approached, she never moved. I swung to the other lane and rode past maybe 6 feet from her. She had zero fear of me on my bike. It was kind of cool. I looked back over my shoulder and she was watching me ride away. I guess the really have nothing to fear on the Fort, other than large caliber automatic weapons and Howitzer shells of course.
I left he Fort and rode up through Heathwood and across through Shandon, just taking it easy as darkness fell. As I crossed through OutJokin's parking lot, I noticed a huge rainbow out over Lower Richland. The news said it was raining out there. I felt a bit of a sprinkle on post, but nothing to get excited about.

The H.O. is taking the management trainees away for the weekend. There will be much riding and sleeping for yours truly while they are gone. I need some rest...

See you guys Saturday...


I found my new truck...screw a hybrid...

No comments: