14 October 2007

Another weekend passed...

Saturday, the turn out was very small. Half of our normal bunch is lounging on the beach in the USVI (yes, literally half...) and the remainder went to Greenville to race. The few who showed up were treated to a wonderful ride through Lower Richland, on a beautiful day. To say the loop chosen was a meanddering one would be a bit of an understatement. We ended up in Eastover and came back in the normal way. On Shop, Mandrus jumper across a fresh red light and attacked down to the sprint. That's called a "Poindexter" move and was the only way he was going to win it.
I ended up with 90km and some very tired legs. The Salsa is a touch harder to ride than a regular road bike. It's scandium and stiff and just kind of buzzes on rough pavement, which there is an abundance of around here. I sit up higher on the bars and my reach is shorter by 2cm. Needless to say, the back was a bit crunchy when I got home.
Doogie Hammer, MD and I went out this morning and did a short 90 spin out through the Fort into the NE and back through Forest Acres. We went EASY this morning...

I really like the new Ultegra SL pedals. They are very secure, yet my knee doesn't hurt. I feel much more connected to the bike than with the Quattros.
My new search is for another set of brakes for the new bike. The Mavics have a frozen bolt on the rear calipers, thus, it has been rendered useless. I guess I'll use the Cane Creeks until I find something else...

Last crit Tuesday night. 6:15pm!! I'll be out, but won't be racing. The cross bike doesn't like to be thrown into turns at high speed...

Speaking of high speed, Petacchi won Paris-Tours today with an average speed of 46kmh. That's 28.5mph to you and me. Five and a half hours at 28.5mph!!!??? Nah, those guys aren't on dope...

No comments: