21 October 2007

Two short days

Saturday was met with a larger than usual group, likely because the weather was pleasant. We'll see where most of them are when it's 42 and overcast...
Anyway, I rode the new bike and for the 30 minutes that it was working perfectly, it was easily the best bike I've ever ridden. The ride is very muted, yet the frame seems extremely stiff and responsive. I've said it before, but the ride quality can be attributed to the giant, round tubes. I liked the Damocles, but this is just a better ride. The ride feels more solid and the fork is definitely stiffer than that straight leg affair on the Damo.
Anyway, about 1/2 way out of the Fort, my saddle slipped and the nose went up and I mean UP. It was a Selle Italia prostate exam. I made it to the gate, messed with it for a moment and just decided to ride home. There was no way that I could have ridden 3+ hours like that.
Upon retruning home, I went to Lowes and bought a ratching 13mm wrench to properly tighten the seat bolt.
This morning, the H.O. is leaving for Nashville, so I was up and on the bike early. Nothing clears your head like watching the sun rise from the saddle. 90 easy minutes later, I was back at the house. Nice way to start the morning, IMO. There's no better time to ride on Sunday either. There isn't a soul stirring at 7:30 on a Sunday in Columbia.
I'll be off the bike until Thursday as The Boss will be gone until Wednesday night. Single parenting...there's nothing like it.

My PT crapped on me this morning too. Time for new batteries in the hub methinks...!

Oh, and I saw PeanutHead riding yesterday...up Devine Street...in the middle of the lane...wearing his iPod...! I think I saw the Ghost of Charles Darwin drafting him. Not a bright bulb, that one...

Oh, part deux...
I want to get a night ride together for the winter. Maybe Wednesday nights (Tuesdays or Thursdays are fine too!) on the Fort, preferably in the woods. I've added an email address in my profile. shoot me ideas or comments about wanting to ride. Everyone is welcome. It won't be an aggro, testosterone-fest kind of ride. Just some good fun in the dark.

No comments: