07 October 2007

Weekend Update

Saturday actually brought a larger group than expected. The sky was dark, the clouds were low and it looked pretty threatening when I rolled out of bed at 6:45. We did get rained on in the Fort, but it was for about 15 minutes and just enough to spot your glasses and get your bike dirty.

We did a different ride that included a couple of roads that I've seen, but never actually ridden. It ended up being a very modified Double Elon loop, out to Zeigler and then back in on Cabin Creek, the normal way. The pace was downright tolerable. No one went for any of the sprints and no one attacked. It was nice to actually just turn the pedals over @ 32-35 kmh and not be forced to cough up a lung during the ride. I ended up with 90 km and didn't feel terrible when I got home.
Doogie Hammer,M.D. and I went out this morning and rolled around the flats this morning at a blistering 30 kmh pace. It was a good 60 km ride in 2 hours that helped me spin some crap out of my legs.
I'm waiting on word from Ridley about my frame warranty. It seems the old Damocles has developed some cracks under the BB where the shell meets the chainstays. I'm torn whether or not to upgrade to the Helium or just get another Damocles. The only thing that turns me off about the Helium is the integrated seatmast...! I guess I need to find out how much adjustability there is once it's cut down. I'll jump off that bridge when I come to it...
I won't be out Tuesday for the TNCWC. I'm going to the beach for a couple of days with the H.O. and the management trainees.

See you guys next Saturday. I'll be doing a loop of the Fort Thursday night if anyone wants to join me...

No comments: