05 February 2007

Too cold...?

I woke up Sunday with every intention to ride. It was 37 degrees on the front porch and very little wind. I hemmed and hawed and decided to call The Velvet Hammer. TVH said it was too cold and he'd probably go out later. I think he's worried about the cold because, between the cold temps, and his old bones being brittle, a fall might be catastrophic. He said Il Professore wasn't going out early either, so I just decided to lounge around the house and get some work done outside.


I finished building in the bottom part of the room addition, including all of the sheeting and trim. It was warm around 10-10:30 and I felt really guilty about not being on the bike. There were some high clouds, but the sun was warm on my bald head. I should have just gone out and done a loop, but I did get to finish all of my work by 1:00. The H.O. went to the mall, so I ate lunch and took a 2 hour nap.


I took a pro-active step to end my knee pain. I plunked down and bought some Crank Brothers Quattro SL pedals. I really like my Time ATACS and the look to be roughly the same thing. We'll see...! I got the 'Fast Freddie' Rodriguez edition, so I should be faster just because of that....




No comments: