03 February 2007

Saturday was supposed to sunny and nice

The day started cold, as expected. It was probably 35 when I left the house this morning. The sun was shining for the first 90 minutes, then the clouds and wind came blowing in. What was forecast to be a 5-10mph wind turned out to be more like 20-25mph.
As it was cold, we had 6 show up for the ride. It was a decent, slowish, tempo ride, probably around 18-19mph the whole way. My Look pedals are slowly crippling me, starting with my right knee, so I didn't even make any efforts today. No one else did either...
The Dink really didn't shoot any grandiose BS out his rectum today. I'm very disappointed that I'll have to wait to use my new artwork that I spent 5 minutes on...! Although he did say he was feeling a bit burned out and was going to take some time off. Okay moron, time changes in 6 weeks. Now is not the time for a break. Now is the time to start ramping it up...!

Anyway, after the ride, I made a trip to Lowe's. I know, go figure...! 5/8" plywood is damn heavy. That and the fact the wind made it into a 4'x8' sail when I was loading it into the trailer. I cut it down and built in under the back room of the house. By the time I finished, there was zero sun, the winding was howling at 20mph and the sky looked like flying monkeys would be coming in on approach at any time. I worked for three hours and said enough. I'll cut and attach all of the 1x3 trim tomorrow. It's light, so it shouldn't be as labor intensive. Of course, I just f'ed myself by saying that...

Il Professore was back on the bike today. The H.O. and I saw him going out Shop solo. Nothing like a cold, windy, sunless, solo ride to really demoralize you. Hopefully, he'll be out tomorrow...

No comments: