16 February 2007

Baby it's cold outside

Well, for SC, it's cold. Granted, it ain't Chicago and a -15 degree windchill, but 25 degrees is cold for us thin-blooded Southerners. I'll ride in anything, but I've grown weary of riding in the cold by myself, so tomorrow I'm riding at noon with the group. Of course, it will be 20 degrees warmer by noon...
That gives me time to finish the demo that I've started in the back room. All of the 50+ year old molding has been pulled down and I've dismantled about 50% of the cabinets. The caveat is the fact that these cabinets aren't units like those that hang in your kitchen. These were built piece by piece, of oak, more than 50 years ago. I pulled some nails out of the thing than were as big as my middle finger. I don't even think they actually make nail that big anymore. I figure I'll finish pulling the cabinet apart in the morning and have time to go ride. All of the demo will be done and the back room will be clear and ready for construction by the time Il Bambino its the hay Saturday night. Sunday is my day of rest this week. Not because some Judeo-Christian ethic says so, but because Daytona is on TV Sunday afternoon. Call me a redneck if you want, but I loves me some NASCAR.
I did my stacking intervals last night and I actually felt better for it. The legs didn't feel bad and it felt good to get the HR up there. I'm a little stiff in my 36 year old joints, but that may be due to the fact that I run around in 38 degree weather in shorts.
The specter of the time change is looming large on my horizon right now, thus, I'll be on the bike more in the coming weeks. Rock Hill is in 8 weeks as well. This year, there will be no breaks going up the road without me this year...

No comments: