12 February 2007

I remember...

Now I remember why I hate intervals. I decided that I could get a better workout on the trainer yesterday, so I went down to the ManHole(tm). Plus, I could watch TV, not worry about getting run over by cars and really get into the pain cave. After a 10 minutes spin warmup, I went to the 52 and rode tempo for 15 minutes in the 17. Interval time...
15 minutes at LT in a 52x15 turning 90-100 rpm. The first ten minutes weren't bad, but the last 5 really hurt. The last two, I had my head down and could even hear Liggett or Sherwen on the tube. I didn't notice during the interval, but I had started to sweat, profusely. My light blue Squadra Azzuri sweatshirt was soaked through. I rode a cool down for 10 minutes and then did it again, but with a burnout section for the last two minutes. I rode at max HR (186-ish) in the 52/13 for two minutes at about 90 rpm. Definitely blew some of the carbon out of the pipes.
My chest cavity is a it sore this morning from the effort, but that's a good thing. The legs are wondering what the hell happened too.
It supposed to be 68 degrees today, so the lights are charging. Only the Shadow knows if I'll get out tonight...

Oh well, gotta jet. Il Bambino goes to the Doc this morning. I'm sure he'll be a barrel of laughs for the rest of the day.

No comments: