15 May 2015

You know...FUN...

Last night was fun. No one wanted to go especially hard, so it was more of a "tempo" affair.
Sort of just rolled...and rololololololol'd...
Even though The Jackass met us after we'd already done 2/3 of the ride, it was still fun.
I started to gaffaw when we were running into South Congaree at 55kmh. I came around the group, and KL tried to match my pace. He did, but when I looked over, the vein in the side of his neck was as big as my thumb. Careful Kev, you're getting up there in age...don't want to stroke out. LOL.
Then The Jackass started his shenanigans. Pretty easy to ride off the front at 32kmh...from a stoplight...ain't it? We let him hang out there, then once the line was back up to speed, we passed. The Ass in The Lion's Skin tried to force his way into line. Sorry bro...enjoy getting shuffled...
The he went after the sprint...alone...again...pretty easy when you haven't done most of the ride. He has supplanted our old friend Mick (who we all like quite a bit) as the new King of the uncontested sprint point. We LOL'd more.

Methinks I need to start contesting that final sprint a bit more. Only gone after it twice all year, and blew him out both times.
And the weather was perfect. 80 degrees, low humidity, and no wind...in mid-May? Ok...sure...

Ugly finish in the Giro yesterday...


Good win for Griepel, but the accident was caused by some spectator wanting to get a little TOO close to the action. Colli (Fantini Vini) hit the guys giant camera lens at 60kmh, shattering his humerus, and taking down Contador in the process. Contador dislocated his shoulder, which is bad, and quite painful, but given the choice of that, or a broken collarbone (or separated AC), I'd take the dislocation everyday. And yes...I've had all three.

Speaking of finish line crashes...


The very definition of the old racing adage of "Never Lift..."

Hey, Columbia...you're screwing up...
Check out the Chester Valley Trail, up in Pa.
I'm going to ride it when I'm up there on Mancation in a couple of weeks. Down to the trail, across to Valley Forge, back through the countryside to Pa. Service Course.
It's what happens when municipalities cooperate, and use resources to build things for the benefit of residents. Unlike here, where the Mayor & City Council are running a $35M boondoggle, er...I mean, baseball stadium, up our collective asses.
Of course, a MUT doesn't put any money in Mayor Benjamin's off-shore accounts.

Hey...do you guys have any tubular hoops laying around?

Last day of U10 futbol tomorrow. I truly support Junior Management playing, but it's been the longest 8 weeks of my life. I guess I'll go hit The PowerStation after...

Enjoy your Friday, and go outside to play this weekend!!

No comments: