18 May 2015

Eventful (A day of donkeys)

As mentioned Friday, U10 futbol ended Saturday. After Junior Management's team took their weekly shellacing, I jumped on the CX bike, and headed out. No plan...just ride.
Out 12th, around to Eastman, thru the woods on the double secret new trail, PowerStation, Gervais, 'hood, home.
Saturday was pretty normal until I got to the head of the PowerStation. I heard a deep, mechanical noise, then the crashing of fauna. There was a feller/buncher lurking in the woods, taking down a BIG hardwood tree.
Fortunately, it fell BESIDE me, and not ON me.
Once to the washout, I tried to unclip to hike-a-bike across, but I couldn't get out of my right pedal. Hmmm...
I aimed for the low side of the wash, and kept riding. It seems one CAN ride it when given proper motivation. Honestly, it wasn't bad. with a little raking and shoveling, it would be a nice traverse. May have to get on that....
I stopped on the other side, and forced my foot from the pedal, only to find that the attachment of my cleat was tenuous, at best. No phillips screwdriver...F it...keep going...
Once to the boat landing, I turned in, in the hopes that someone was A) around, and B) had a screwdriver.
Big thanks to the dude that dug around in his truck, and found one for me. A quick 3 minute fix, and I was on my way. I hope karma smiled on him by putting a bunch of fish in his boat.
As an aside, if anyone wants has the urge to assault the Strava KoM for the Powerstation, now would be the time. It's in really good shape, and it's FAST.
Sunday was thin, as about half of the regular Heathens are Assaulting (or being assaulted by) Mt. Mitchell today. No matter...we rode on.
Beautiful morning, a good group, and no one got taken out by a yard dog. Although, upon cutting across to Hwy. 6, heading to Swansea, we did get chased, and brayed at by a donkey. Yeah...I said donkey. He ran across the pasture, hollering at us the whole time. Couldn't tell if he was mad, or just saying hello...
Once out of Swansea, we passed the donkey farm. There were many, many mini donkeys, including a couple of foals. They were fluffy.
And of course, I didn't take the camera with me...
A trip across LexCo, and we were home. 105km in the big sunshine.

Sagan won the Tour of California...by an inch...literally...
He needed the time bonus from 3rd to win. He beat Farrar by the width of a tubular. Superior bike throw as well...
After his Saturday performance on Mt. Baldy, he deserved the win. Talk about burying oneself...



And then Tinkov pulls this nonsense... (LINK) Sometimes (most of the time), I wonder if Oleg understands...

The Czech boys at Festka have dome it again...
Yeah...that's nice...

Methinks Ritchey missed the point with the new "Classic" bars...
73mm reach, and 128mm drop isn't "classic". Just ask the fine folks at Deda, who stopped making the Newton Deep, only to start production again b/c Euro Pros wanted them. They're now the "Zero100 Deep". 92mm reach and 142mm drop says "classic" to me...

And finally...two wheels good...
Triumph Tiger done right...

Have a productive Monday. I'm going to do my best NOT to...

No comments: