08 September 2014

You can go now...

Talking to YOU head cold!
Just a simple, little, allergy-related cold that has been living with me for a week now. Feeling better every day, but damn! Enough already...

Want to see how professional neutral service guys work?



Those Shimano cameras make pretty pictures...



Um...ok...
The new Swobo Scofflaw. Reynolds 531 steel. 44mm headtube.  Comes as a singlespeed, but will include a slider drop out to run gears.  Yeah, it has discs, but that's the way things are headed. Upside? The wheels are 30mm tall and 23mm wide. Should make for some cushy Clements.
In talking to El Jefe, it won't be blue though. They'll be a lime green color.
Pricing is very kind to one's wallet as well. $1199 as shown. No, that's not a typo...
I've already reserved mine.

If you're gonna Rep, Rep hard...

Two Wheels Good.
Custom. BMW. 
Not really feeling the front fairing/light cover. Needs a simple, round headlight, or a couple of small, round LED headlights.

Fun rides this weekend.
Saturday was my normal CX loop, as I have things to do that pertain to life. 2 hours, including a couple of traverses of The PowerStation, which is fabulous shape these days.
I decided to do a hard effort, just to blow some of the snot carbon out of the pipes. It was going swimmingly until I shellaced one of the three washouts at about 35kph.
Hitting it was no big deal, and quite easily survived. My phone, however, was lashed to my stem so I could run MyTracks for GPS.
Upon striking the washout, my homemade Garmin mount decided to lay down on the job, and the MotoX took a flyer of into the trees.
Thankfully, it was easy to find.
Up through campus, down to the stadium to see who was tail-gating 8 hours before the USC game, and back to SC. Two hours on the ladder followed, which hurt my legs far more...
Sunday was the normal Lex/Cal route...or one of them at least. Good group too. And the heat didn't crop up and smash us until the very end.
I had a small, easily rectified mechanical towards the end, and rode home with greasy hands. It was new kit day, so there was no wiping them on the bibs, nor jersey. The white tape took a small hit however.
It was good 100km...except for the headwind. All day. In every direction. Whichever way we turned, the wind shifted.
We all felt a little like Grandpa Simpson...




It's a bleh day out there today. Stay inside. Get some things done. I'm out...








No comments: