22 September 2014

Coming in hot...

Rabobank's Women came in a bit warm during the Worlds TTT yesterday...



Teo Geoghegan Hart never had a chance...



Here are a couple other views. The spectator footage is insane. The guy BURIED the barrier, and a few fans. Hurts my back just watching it!

And FWIW, Specialized-Lululemon won the Women's TTT. They rode smart, and rode well. It's a shame the #fauxperts will bring up their kits...

Good stuff this past weekend...
Nice CX ride with Charlie on Saturday. Just sort of rolled at a tempo-ish pace on the dirt. He was even so nice as to take a soil sample at the washout...you know, just to make sure the pH levels are okay out there. I didn't know that sort of thing could be done with one's face.
The THIRD time through the washout, I guess he didn't see the 3 foot hole in the road. I didn't say anything, because it was THIRD time through that section.
He was beside me, didn't slow down, and sort of disappeared. Thankfully, he augured into the only soft spot surrounding the hole.
Did I mention it was the THIRD time past the hole? And the hole has been there for months...
Contacts Charlie...Contacts...
And thanks to SCDOT for fucking up 12th St.
This is why we are forced to ride IN the lane people.

Sunday was an outstanding ride. Good group. Nice, even, tempo pace. Everyone stayed together, and we clipped right along.
We did lose Roxy at one point, but it wasn't until later in the ride that she admitted she stopped to talk to the ponies we'd passed out on the other side of Swansea. Chatting with ponies is allowed on Sundays. 
And I rode my newly repaired Williams WS28 rear wheel. It's as it should have been from the beginning. Josh @ Williams replaced the guts of the hub (all bearings, the axle, and the freehub body), and turned it around in less than 24 hours. Of course, UPS took a week to get it back to me...
Something was amiss with the wheel for jump. It just never rolled correctly, and the bearings felt like garbage. It eventually ate itself on a Sunday ride.
Now it's fixed, and good to go.
I got back to Service Course with 107km in 3:30. Not a bad day in the saddle. But it wasn't over...
After a 60 minute turnaround, I loaded up The Beast, and Junior Management & I went out to the PowerStation for another ride.
 They ride more dirt than those who talk about riding dirt!
 Break time.
Back in thru the new trails.
It was another hour, and another 16km.
I love the fact that the boys love to ride so much. I don't care how tired I am, or how grumpy I am...I will always take them riding when they want to go. It's time well spent.

Gotta jet. Getting cracked and stretched shortly.


No comments: