05 September 2014

It's Friday...


Short weeks seem to last forever. Of course, it could be the headcold with which I've been locked in battle all week. 
Fortunately, it was little more than a simple cold, and it's nearly run it's course. I think I was about due anyway...

Fun ride last night. The group road rides are winding down for the season, as it's getting dark EARLY.
Bristol and I went out with the group, and turned onto the dirt, then took a tour of Columbia.
It was good fun, and I got rid of some "stuff" that was in my head from my little cold.

Two things :

1- If you are 18 years old, and a noob triathlete/cyclist, don't talk shit to the veteran roadies. This holds especially true if you've crashed, and bloodied yourself ON THE WAY TO THE FUCKING RIDE!!! (Yes, I yelled that part!)

2- As we rode through campus last night, it was hard not to notice the sheer number of college kids who have NO idea that anyone else in the World exists. Put your GD phone in your pocket, and walk with your eyes up people.
I honestly had the urge to start smacking phones out of their texting little paws.

As has been documented here for years, I'm no mountain biker. Sure, I've had mountain bikes, and sometimes enjoy riding in the woods, but I wouldn't check the "MTBer" box on any surveys.
However, this appeals to me...



And as it happens, the UCI is ending the Eliminator series in 2015. Figures.
Something cool and exciting? Nah...we don't need that...

Here's the women's race. It's almost cooler b/c you can hear her breathing...



Another week ends...
Go outside and play...




No comments: