13 August 2014

The long way 'round...

So yeah, we're about 100' from the beach/Gulf, yet yesterday, another adventure was planned. Going to the same beach over and over is a bit boring, so a plan was hatched, and another beach was chosen.
Beauty part? I could kill two birds with one stone.
The Boss agreed to give me a headstart, and we'd meet at the chosen strip of sand.
I aired up, and was gone...

 See! Bear crossing!!!
 Felt like doing some climbing...
 From the top of the climb...
 Find me a better road. I'll wait....
 How about a separated bike lane?  I had trouble wrapping my head around it.
I wanna go too!

60 kms on the CX bike, in the wind, was a good time.
Note to self: Next time, bring the road bike. 
Locked the Salsa to the rack, and the rest of the afternoon was spent getting beaten in the surf by small children. 
A quick shower followed, and another plate full of shrimp. I've eaten more shrimp in the past 3 days than I have in the past three months.  The count lies at somewhere near 6 dozen. 
A short walk around the little oyster/shrimping town nearby, and then back to the house.  It was a long-ish day.
Still beats anything remotely related to being at home...
 Anybody have a SUP?

Even rainy/cloudy sunsets are good...

I'ma go ride now...

No comments: