11 August 2014

Now I remember...

 Welcome to riding in Florida...on the coast at least...
 I did find some dirt. The "Be Aware of Bears" sign was worrysome...
 Flori-dirt...
 Had to stop for a "Break Naturel"
Yes, I'm in the middle of the road, but it's a closed road. It seems that when the new section of Hwy 30 was constructed, those in charge around here had the foresight to block the ends of the old section of road. Thus, a long stretch of bike only road was created. It runs right next to the Gulf, and is pretty GD brilliant.  I'll be on it again shortly...

And I remember why I was so strong on the bike when we lived in Florida. Yeah, it's flat, but the wind is rarely beneficial. I had a head/cross no matter where I went yesterday.  The only climbing was a bridge, but grinding in the Gulf breeze was plenty.
Plus, I brought the CX bike.  Pushing the 33c Clements around ain't exactly efficient.

The rest of the day was spent as it should be on a holiday with the family.

We went on a little 'no-plan' adventure to find a different beach.  We found it.  Yes, that IS emerald colored water...
We were the only ones within at least a km for most of the afternoon. It did not suck.
I was bright enough this time to put sunscreen on the pale flesh that's normally covered by cycling kit.

If one is a cyclist, triathlete, or water enthusiast, there are worse places in the World to be than where I'm sitting right now...

And watching this transpire last night was less than taxing...





A person could get used to this lifestyle...





No comments: