19 May 2014

Shakedown

The Salsa refurb got a couple of good shakedown rides this weekend.
Saturday was to make sure everything worked properly, and nothing fell off.
A short loop around The Powerstation, and back through campus was enough, plus, I had yet another U8 futbol match to attend.
Just shy of two hours was plenty.  The verdict?  It shifts.  It stops.  Nothing failed. And the stem is off by about 2.5 degrees.  Basically, it's about normal for one of my builds...crooked stem included.
I've missed the dirt...

 Definitely greened up a little since the last time I was out there. 
Yeah...it got a little dirty.
Wildlife spotted : One Red-tailed hawk, and one very large doe. 

Sunday arrived with drizzley rain, and 20 degree colder temps.  I'd resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't going to ride. About 15 minutes after that, the rain stopped...for a while...and I bolted out the door.  Another trip to the dirt, and this trip was designed to be a bit harder, and a bit rougher on the Salsa.
Again, the bike performed as it should.
About 1/2 through the return trip on the dirt, the rain started.  I'd really forgotten how much I love/hate 55 degree rain.  Yeah, it sucks because it's wet, and you get a a little dirty, but if one is going hard enough, it's just about a push.  I wasn't cold, nor was I sweating.  It was equilibrium...
I got to the short/long crossroads and just decided to stay out. I was already wet...
Back to Service Course with a solid two hours.
Wildlife : One wild turkey hen.  They can run really fast BTW...
Shakedown complete, and the bike is ready for :

If you are close, and have a CX bike, you should really be there...

 Um...two wheels very good....
 And Wiggo won the Tour of California.  I used to think he was a bit of a whingey wanker.  Now I realize that he just doesn't give a shit...and I'm down with that.

And everyone on the Twitters was yapping about how Cav has found his sprinting form.  Really?  He BARELY beat Degenkolb in the two sprints.  Degenkolb is Kittel's leadout man.  Cav better find that extra kick he used to have in the next 6 weeks, or he's going to have a hard time in France.



Last year on The Champs was still one of the best sprints ever...



Enough watts being put down there to power a small village.

Happy Monday...




No comments: