07 May 2014

A few things...

It was a warm one last night.  First 90 degree ride of the year.  No wading in here.  It just skips from 78 and sunny to 94 and hot.  Spring?  What is this "Spring" of which you speak?
Also proved that I need to get my hydration straightened away before it gets truly South Carolina hot.
Don't think I drank enough through the day yesterday.  Maybe I can have Not-a-Coach pick me up some Osmo so I can be "hyper-hydrated"...

Anyway, the ride was disjointed, and herky-jerky, at best.
First, if the group gets split at a light, or stop sign, or whatever...WAIT!  Yeah, it the past few weeks, people have taken this as an opportunity to create their own little break that they can talk about back at the parking lot.  Using a line of traffic as a pick doesn't equate to getting away.
In this same vein, if the front group waits, as we did last night, don't ride to the front of the group, and then try to ride off the front.  It just irritates those who waited.  And don't do this if you're just going to get tailed off the group later.  It's bad form.

And here are two more that the gentlemen at Velominati covered in "The RULES" :
 Boiled down?  If you can't be near the front when the pace is hot, don't rush the front when the pace cools off, because once it hots back up, you're in the way.  It dangerous for everyone involved. 
Talking to you Sean.  And dear reader, please don't think that I'm being overly-sensitive, or just my usual asshole self.  I'm not the only one in our little group that feels this way.  It's why you got yelled at last night.
Like Ronnie Coleman says:


Funny that the two rides last week were the fastest they've been in a long time.  They were also the smoothest and safest...

:::Mini-Rant over:::

I know November is a long way off, but Methinks we need to make a trip to rural Georgia for the Fried Green 50. H/T to C.C. for this one.
Might be an excuse to take the camping equipment as well.  Seems there's no Hilton Garden Inn location in Juliette, Ga.

OPQS produced a slick little video about Terpstra's win


Ok Specialized...are you going for flouro, or baby shit green?  Considering I've been at home with my kids for 9 years, I think you successfully nailed the latter.

Another reason the Giro is better.  Even the Italian media is hotter.  Oh, her name is Barbara Pedrotti... #GoogleIt

And yes, slamming your stem SEEMS like the Profi thing to do, and as one can see in this gallery from the Tour of Turkey, some pros practice it.  Others ride like you and me...

Enjoy your Wednesday.  The week is halfway over...




3 comments:

Justin said...

The spacer police? Oh fuck off!

MM said...

Yeah...because pros don't need to be comfortable...or have proper fit...

Junk said...

It's a good thing you put Pedrotti at the bottom of the post and not the top; otherwise, I would've stopped right there.