08 June 2013

Saturday Edu-tainment



Is it wrong that I'm trying to figure how I can rent this thing?  It would take care of my neighbor issue. 
Someone on Youtube asked, "What's the point...?" 
If you have to ask that question, you have obviously just flat missed the point...

Two mini things.  One is cool...one makes my heart hurt a little...

 Cool.
Get the nitro tabs...and a baby aspirin...

Seems like they may have practiced this move.  The things one learns under Vaughters' tutelage.

If it looks like a crack, and feels like a crack, you'll need a receipt. 
Yes, the fine folks @ Ridley USA, and QBP, told me that they couldn't cover my frameset because I DIDN'T HAVE A RECEIPT!!!  Yes, I may have raised my voice there.
Know why I don't have a receipt?  Because this frame was a fucking warranty too!!  Who asks for, or gives, a receipt on a warranty frame?  Hell, when I sent the old (08) Helium back, QBP took it NQA, and sent out the red frame BEFORE I even sent the old/broken one back.  NOW I need a receipt? 
Nice to know that "10 Year Warranty" is a moving target...
Big thanks to Clive @ Glory Cycles for helping me sort it out.  He talked to the folks @ Ridley (QBP), and got it covered. 
It gone, and on it's way to Minnesota.
Stocks on medium Heliums is LOW right now...like single digit low, so I'm getting a Noah RS as a replacement. 
When I drive up to get it, I WILL have Clive provide me with a receipt of some sort...
Yep, the old fat guy is getting on the 'aero' frame bandwagon.  It'll look roughly like this one when completed too.  Well, except for the bartape/saddle mismatch thing.  I'll take the opportunity to use my white Selle Italia Unicorn, I mean Flite Ti, and white tape. 
No more seatmast either!  Whoo-hooo....!
Of course, it's a 'aero' post, so no Thomson either... :(

Our local LBS owner told me to get a Tarmac or Venge instead, because we know that Specialized frames NEEVVVVVVEEERRRRRR break. 

Looks like the only thing I'll need to buy is a braze-on F/D.  And some tape...
Now to hurry up and wait...

Speaking of Glory Cycles, they are the friendly neighborhood purveyor of Ibis bicycles now.

...and this Hakkalugi gives me a funny feeling in my tummy...

And with that, I bid you adieu...

Enjoy your Saturday!





No comments: