20 June 2013

Just some things...

Fun ride Tuesday.
A few got away at the crossover...running thru the stop signs as they yelled, "Car left..."!  Very Poindexter of them.
We had a nice little group of fast guys together, which I was forced to drop out of because I evidently have forgotten how to tighten my quick releases properly.
I stood on Gator, and the back wheel decided to pop out of the dropouts.  A forced stop, and 15 seconds later, I was back on the bike.
Alas, my group was gone.
I rolled easy up the climb, and waited for the second group, and rolled in with them.

Fatigue was still VERY present from my weekend.

Ridley update:

There really isn't one.  Last time around, the warranty process took 5 days...TOTAL.  Right now, we're standing at 14 days, and I've heard ZERO, other than, "It's covered...".
As soon as I finish this post, I'm hitting Ebay to find a frameset.  I mean, I like riding the CX bike, but the Dura-Ace group in my building is getting lonely.
Of course, it could be Cannondale, and I'd be forced to wait for 6-9 months...

I CAN say, with some degree of certainty, that this will be my last plastic bike.  Baum is just killing me lately.  The problem will be paint choice...



Or how about a track bike?  Simple...perfect...

Flecha is cool.  Period!

And I give you this, as an apology for the Serena Williams photos.  Victoria Pendleton is purdy...


And the HMS Backy-aarrrggghhh-d is nearing completion.  I'm waiting for the cargo net, and the ship's wheel to arrive.  Got the mast set last night, and the upper deck built in.  I feel sorry for the folks who buy our house down the road, b/c this thing is NOT portable, nor easily dismantled.
Junior Management loves it, and that's all that matters to me...

Time to find a frame...





1 comment:

Junk said...

I'm digging on that light blue Baum. Too bad that Carolina blue one looks too much like Toyota United.