10 June 2013

Monday morning salutations

It's Monday again...oh joy...

 Indy Fab calls this a 'gravel bike'.  So disc brake cross bikes are now 'gravel bikes'?  smh

 What I think of instagram.  If I wanted to look at a faded photo, I'd pull out the pictures of my childhood!

 HWF and I had this conversaton on Sunday's ride.  Don't know if I really want a disc rotor spinning at high speed, behind me, right at achilles tendon level.  How about a pile-up in a finish sprint?  Just not a good idea...

 If you don't know this guy, the exact race he was in, and the bike (and fork)...


Same road...two seasons make a big difference, eh?

Great ride Sunday.  Really.  Nice, jovial group.  Everyone took their turns at the front, took some digs, stayed together, and waited when needed.  You know, like a Sunday ride should be...
We did the new Valley Ridge loop, out in Calhoun County.  Such a nice ride, on lightly traveled roads.  It also affords the opportunity to go long, longer, or longest. 
The loop itself was the result of a 'hey, where does this road go' ride that Il Prof and I did one Sunday.
If you're out that way, hit it up...thank me later.  And if I see it on Strava, I'll punch you in the gooch.

And here's the reason you don't race hipster fixed gears in a crit...



From the Red Hook Crit in Nuevo Jork.  Of course, it's gotten huge, and more people show up to race, and spectate, than any race around here, so who am I to judge?

OK...time to source a braze-on 7900 D/A F/D...

Have a good Monday kids...

No comments: