06 June 2013

Hmmm...looks like a week to recharge...

So there's a Tropical Storm in the Gulf, and it's headed this way.  Rain, rain, and more rain until Sunday...
Can't ride Saturday as The Boss has a 'thing' in Greenville Saturday morning.  Thus, I am responsible for the care and feeding of Junior Management until Saturday afternoon. 
To be honest, I need a rest from ManCation '13. 

And I no longer have a road bike...well, for the next couple of weeks at least.  The Ridley developed a really nice crack at the junction of the seatstay/dropout/chainstay on the drive side.  Guess who's getting a new frameset?  I'm trying to work a deal to get a Noah RS as a replacement...who knows...

Probably get another black and red Helium.  It better be black and red!!  The white ones are horrible, and will blow UP my OCD. 

For now, the Salsa is on road duty.  It has been modified to meet the need.

Excuse the shite photo.  Low light, and a monkey operated mobile phone, do not a good photo make...

The new Cipollini Bond.  Hotness?  Methinks yes...

Hmmm...haven't made a 'hotness' decision on this one yet.  Now, sure.  In two years, will the flouro pink still be hot?  Who knows?  Of course, carbon frames seem to last about two years under me, so it's nearly a moot point...

Sprinting makes the booty pop...

And if you have a moment, check out KindHuman.  The boys are doing things a little differently, and it may very well be the model for the future of the bike industry.  Do some business, put out some go stuff, BE NICE, and give something back. 
Doesn't sound TOO difficult, but in these days of companies gobbling up other companies, and the stunning amount of litigation, it's refreshing.
I've seen the Kampionne frame up close and personal.  It's damn nice.  Think I'll throw for a kit when they become available...(hurry up M.A.!!!)

The Dauphine is going on, but I just have no interest...

And with that, I leave you to your rainy Thursday.







No comments: