28 June 2013

It's Friday...Friday...Friday...

Has it been a long week for anyone else?

Ooof!

I took M-T-W off the bike.  Rode last night, and quickly decided that riding hard wasn't the smart play.  Too hot, and the humidity was somewhere around 137%.  I needed a snorkel.  Welcome to Summer everyone...

I left with the fast boys, and quickly realized that whatever I may, or may not have, had in the tank wasn't enough.  Sat up, and had a pleasant ride with group 2.  Just nice and steady.  Never felt like I was going terribly hard, which is a pleasant feeling.
I don't think anyone felt a great impetus to ride hard last night, as the average was lower than normal.
I apologize to those who I tailed off when I hit the front on 302.  I thought everyone was there when I closed the gap.  Pony-tail boy gets the blame for the second part.
He kept looking over his shoulder, and raising the pace by 1mph, so I came around him 10mph faster...
Sorry...

Le Tour starts tomorrow...
Should be interesting...

Sagan vs. Cav for green
Yellow is up for grabs...who has form?  I'm tipping Froome.  I just don't think Conta has the form right now, and BMC is an unknown for Tejay.  Should be interesting.
Regardless of yellow, Tejay should win white again...
Polka dots?  Uh, some Spanish guy perhaps?

Speaking of, a lot of the bike companies have trotted out the new show ponies...

Here are three of note...


The new Look 695 Aero light...so Mondrian...
 I'm not a Trek fan, but that blue is pretty swank.  Trek may be onto something here.  Betting you see this color a lot new year...

Oh Cervelo, why do you bend to Vaughters' will.  What would have been a nice paint ruined, again, by argyle! 

Orbea's new Orca is quite nice as well...if I could find the damn photo I saved last night...

No ride in the morning.  Everyone is doing other things...
Sunday 0900 and Greene and Laurens for a trip out into Lex/Cal.

And next Saturday, July 6th, a group of us is heading up to Tryon to do a modified loop of the Fabulous 4th course.  Why not do the Fab 4th Ride you ask?  Well, it's now $55, and it still starts at 0700.
Sorry, I like to ride, but I'm not getting up at 0330 to get everything together, and drive up for a 0700 start.  Not happening...
We're planning to leave the morning of the 6th @ 0630, get to Tryon and on the bikes by 0900 at the latest.  And it's free!!  Come on out, and you may have a good time!
More details will follow, as it's likely to be discussed Sunday, on the ride...

Ridley Update:
Got a "nice" note from the Ridley USA Product Manager yesterday saying that if I didn't take down a couple of tweets that she deemed "disrespectful", she "wasn't going to help me anymore..."!
Really?  Got those panties in a knot over a couple of stupid, wise-ass tweets?  I was trying to get someone's attention up the food chain.  I guess I did...
Good customer service guys!  A+
Today is Day 22 since I sent the broken frameset off.  I have heard ZERO today, other than from Ridley Europe, who is looking into my issue...

A friend who works at one of the Big 3 bicycle companies is going out of his way to find me a frameset, and this particular company owes me nothing, and has no dog in the fight.
THAT'S customer service!
If it comes to fruition, I'll ride their framesets from here on out...period! 


 Enjoy your weekend everyone.  Ride your bikes, whatever size and shape they may be...




No comments: