19 August 2012

Yippee...

Summer is over...for Junior Management at least.  School starts tomorrow.  #1 is excited to get back.  #2, well, let's just say that the first day of kindergarten is weighing heavily on his little mind.
Of course, as with most things he does, it'll take about 3 days, and he'll forget any trepidation he may have experienced. 
Mornings will be a bit quieter around here, as it will just be #3 and myself.  I may actually be able to get some shit done, instead of breaking up arguing matches, and separating the older two from their new found affinity for combat sports. 
#1 has good range in the stand-up game, but #2 is solid on the ground.  Pretty even...

But I digress...

Saturday, my plan was not to have a plan.  I rode like I may have had polio as a child on Thursday night, so getting up @ 0500, and heading to Clinton, to PAY for an ass-whipping didn't sound altogether appealing.  I did actually have a bunch of stuff to do around here too, so I stayed home.  From the reports that have trickled in, it may have been a sound decision.
Solo ride out into LexCo came after a nice little bout of sleeping in.  The Tues/Thurs loop, plus a little "where does this road go?" exploring went down.  When all was said and done, 70km had passed under the Vittorias.  No pictures, as I completely forgot to pull the camera out of my pocket.  Just imagine empty, well-paved road with little traffic...

This morning, I slept in again.  Hey, school starts tomorrow, and the rooster will be crowing @ 0600...bite me! 
Anyway, I lounged with the plan of getting on the bike @ 0930.  Well, @ 0930, it looked a lot like the rainy season on the Serengeti outside.  At 10, the rain let up, I downed a large cup of HTFU, and headed out on the newly rebuilt Salsa for a shakedown ride.





It was quite a nice morning, just a bit drizzly and damp...until I crossed the river and got out to the dirt.  The rain fell fast, hard, and cold...




Yeah...I forgot my fender too.  Too say that I was wet and covered in LexCo's finest detritus would be an understatement.  No matter.  It was 2 hours out on the bike, and I enjoyed it.  So there...
The Salsa rode perfectly.  The only issues were the seat being about 2.5mm too high, and the stem was off to the left by about 3 degrees.  One was remedied...one was not...

Oh, the Vuelta started too.  Contador is back.  That's about all I know of it...

And now the time has come to start getting shit together for the morning, so I don't have to run around like a loon to get things going in the a.m.!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! 





No comments: