12 August 2012

Why does good always come with bad?

My weekend has been a 60/40 trade-off.

Saturday was a good ride.  We actually had a little group for the 9am Brennen ride.  It was nice.  Everyone was jovial, took their turns on the front, and rode well.  The weather was pretty damn good...for a while.  Mid 70s...the sun hid behind the clouds, and little wind.

UNTIL....

This was headed our direction...quickly...and became a pretty good, albeit short storm.  High wind, heavy rain, and lightning lead us to this...


Hiding under the 18" overhang of the Hopkins Magistrate's office.  Well, half of us did.  The other half made the 100m run for the breezeway @ Hopkins Elementary.  The decision to hide out under a steel breezeway in an electrical storm versus under a semi-out-in-the-open roof overhang was a push, so I stayed put.  After about 30 minutes of storm, we gathered up and rolled on.  The last hour of the ride was in a steady rain.  We were all a bit water-logged and over it once we hit the 'hood.
Good ride!
The bad?  My in-laws were supposed to stop by to bring #1 son his birthday present...a week late, so we hung around the house all day, only to receive a phone call @ 5:30 telling us they had gotten busy, and weren't coming.  Thanks for jacking up my whole afternoon...

This morning, I slept in a bit, and did a solo CX ride out into LexCo.

Even with all of yesterday's rain, the dirt was pretty good.  Plenty packed, smooth, and relatively fast.  2 hours.  Saw 2 does with 2 fawns, and enjoyed every moment.
Another good ride!
The bad?  Again, the in-laws said they would be stopping by, and would call first.  Instead of, I don't know, getting up and getting after it, they called @ 2:30, and said they'd be here @ 5.  Again, thanks for hand-cuffing me to the house for the second day in a row...

Good?
I pulled the tape off the Salsa...
It turned out pretty good.  Not quite finished though.  I'm going to change the paint around the BB so it's all black.  The black itself was a bit of a fortuitous screw-up on my part.  I grabbed metallic black, only to miss the fact that the can also said "Textured".  No matter.  It actually went on well, is quite thick, and looks a bit like Rhino lining.  Maybe it will protect the under side of the frame a bit.  I thought about adding some additional black, but the new fork is all black, so it'll be fine...
Now to order an orange Salsa seat collar, and some new black cages.  The 7800 really needs to be cleaned up as well, before going on the frame. 

So that was my weekend...

Until next week...which thankfully starts in 9 hours...

Peace and Phil Wood grease...

Edit:  I painted the BB shell area...





No comments: