31 August 2012

Is that...the sun?

It's burning my flesh....!

Seriously though...good to see El Sol again.  The past week has been like living in Portland, only hotter and more humid.  Upside?  Less hipsters...

Nice group ride last night...if not a little weird.  It was a good group...a bit smaller than usual.  I blame the weather, and the Carolina game, but I digress...

A big group went through one of the lights, and didn't bother to look back over their collective shoulder for the dozen or so of us who got caught at BOTH lights on 12th.  Nothing says "proper warmup" like chasing down 12th @ 40kmh+...5 minutes into the ride.  Sorry, my engine is diesel.  Can't just spin that shit up immediately!  The gap was closed down before Amazon, but I just never recovered.

Here's where the weirdness started happening...

I know everyone wants to get across, but how about working a bit?  5 of us closed the gap for the rest.  I just never recovered after that.  I rode somewhere between 85-99.97% for the rest of the night.  The fact the humidity was 143% didn't exactly help.
Speaking of the rest of the night, the same 5 of us drove the ride.  We'd pull through, and the group would look around like the Perseid meteor shower was going on in the evening sky.
Oh well, at least I know I got some work in...

I don't like to wish bad shit on people, but this hipster is going to take a well-deserved wing-shaped core sample of him/herself at some point.  Notice the bars?  Yeah...Cinelli Rams.  SMH...

Cipollini.  Mario...Cipollini...

FILM BOND from Mcipollini on Vimeo.

Rides:

Saturday : CX ride  0900 at the Colonial Center fountain
Sunday : Road   0900 at the corner of Greene and Laurens in 5 Points  50-60 out into Lex/Cal
Monday : Road  0830 @ Caughman Rd. Park.  Flat 50 miles...

I've been up since 0300...fading fast.  Pro-tip : As enticing as it can be after a hard, hot ride, DO NOT drink two pint glasses full of sweet tea with dinner. 

Namaste...

No comments: