15 August 2012

Middle o' the week

Now that the Olympics are over, I sort of miss beach volleyball...

 All sorts of win here.  Firefly custom Ti CX with all sorts of goodies.  Enve wheels, discs, looks like old school White Industries cranks, and it'll go monster cross...as shown.  Me rikey...!  Only problem?  no picture of the drive side... #amateurs

 All sorts of win here too.  Victoria Pendleton is on my short list.

The amount of fail in this picture is quite evident.  To be honest, I don't know where to begin.  Looks like Johnny 5, a Marin MTB, and a contractor's truck were in a bad accident, and melded together to form whatever the hell this is...

Good ride last night, once the group thinned out a bit.  Two close calls before we crossed onto Glenn.  Same person created both.  Fool me once...you know the rest...
I got tailed off on the climb, as I am a dumbass, and rode off the side of the road while re-depositing my bottle in the cage.   Derp...
The chase up the climb, and down the descent that follows hurt, and stayed with me for the remainder of the ride.  I felt bad at the beginning of the ride.  That little 10-12 minutes of suck did nothing to alleviate the feeling.
Nonetheless, it was good to get out, get on the bike, and get some fresh air.

Today's adventure, thus far, has been taking The Beast in for it's 75k mile service.  That should be inexpensive.  Upside?  The GMC dealer is installing a new instrument cluster...free of charge.  Gotta love the recalls...
I'm sure my enthusiasm will be beaten down, Rodney King style, by the looming charges for the service itself.  Sweet...

Two links:

 Olympic bike racing, b/c they showed little of it on the coverage.

And my buddy Dan has started his own coffee company.  Check it out.  It's gooooooood...

It's Wednesday.  The week is half over, and the kids go back to school in just 4.5 short days!  Rejoice!

Seacrest, OUT!

No comments: