05 August 2012

It's like wearing tighty-whiteys...


Well, the Salsa (pronounced Sal-za in Southern) is in primer.  Yes, white primer.  It seems self-etching aluminum primer is white...and thick.  It's sitting in 3 coats.  High gloss white base coat will likely go on tomorrow.  Still trying to decide what to do for accents.  The orange panel will receive some wide metallic black border.  Thinking there may be some metallic black on some other sections as well.  A trip to Hobby Lobby is on the horizon for some creamsicle orange for striping...

 How am I funny?  Funny like a clown?  Do I amuse you? 

I eat my cake like man...by the FISTFUL! 

As one can see, #3 had his birthday party today.  He didn't go crazy with the cake like the other two had in the past.  Just handfuls in his face...

I rode both days this weekend.  Saturday on the CX bike felt exceedingly odd.  Just the action of rolling the pedals over required way too much gray matter.  My little brain has gotten even softer over the last four weeks. 
Good ride no matter.  I did 2 hours out through WeCola on the dirt.  THE road out there got a fresh dose of gravel from Lexington County.  Sort of fucked up the first mile or so of the road.  Nothing like taking a smooth dirt road and making it worse by adding "improvements".
Woke up late this morning, and didn't have a whole lot of time to ride, as the Boss' kinfolk were coming into town for #1 and #3's combined birthday shindig. 
Did the Hour of Power(tm), and felt pretty damn good.  Just spun the legs over with very little effort.  It was thick this morning....about 147% humidity.
I felt waaay better than yesterday, and the action of riding a bike didn't feel so wonky.

The Boss and I saw "The Dark Knight Rises" yesterday.  Pretty damn good.  Pretty damn long too.  Nearly three hours!  I was patently shocked that my thimble sized bladder only forced me to the restroom once! 
I'd like to see it again in IMAX, but as I told a friend who lives at the beach, I don't know if my concussion-addled little brain could handle the size and scope.  Seriously!  Ever since my run in with the tarmac in '09, I have serious bouts of vertigo in certain situations.  I'd had to hike to the beach, spend $15+ for an IMAX ticket, and have to leave.  That would suck...

Blah...blah...blah...

Hope everyone had a good weekend.  Those of you with children, take solace in the fact that school starts in two weeks!  I know I'm counting the hours...

Namaste....

No comments: