27 June 2012

The roof...the roof...the roof...

 Colorado Springs in on FIRE.  That's the Air Force Academy's football stadium in the foreground.  It may be there today...it may not.  32k folks have been asked to evacuate.  I don't care what, or who, you believe in, but when you get a moment, spare a thought for the fine folks in Colorado.  We ALL know a few that live out there...

 Above Category finished this Monday.  So, So hot!  Cipo, 11v Campag EPS, SRM, Lightweights...nothing like a $20k bike.

 Paging Mr. Edwards, Mr. Edwards, please pick up the green Sidi courtesy phone...

And this was the theme of last night's ride.  I went, I rode for a minute, I decided I didn't want to be riding, so I went home.  My shoulder hurt like a MFer after getting manipulated by the Surgeon yesterday.  In all honesty, I think a few of the manipulations were just him fucking with me.  An arm just isn't supposed to be pull in certain directions unless you have been thrown clear of a high speed motor vehicle accident!

He did figure out the cause of my "discomfort".  The Clavicle is displaced (knew that), and has moved (did NOT know that).  It is rubbing against the acromion (look it up), and causing pain, pinching, swelling, and numbness.
The fix?  Temporary fix is a few cortisone shots to reduce the pain and swelling.  I'm cool with that.  Permanent?  Shoulder surgery to surface the clavicle and create a pocket of space in the shoulder joint.  I'm also cool with that...for now.  Down time SHOULD be 10 days or so, but we all know that the best laid plans of mice and men...blah, blah, blah...
The way my luck runs, there will be rotator cuff, or labrum issues, and I'll be jacked up for 4-6 weeks.  I'd really like to go a year without cameras and scalpels being used on my person as well...

 Time for a nosh...

Enjoy your humpday, as it will be the last day this week in which El Sol isn't trying to melt you into a puddle!

Namaste!




No comments: