11 June 2012

Hello....Monday...

 Ah...race organizers...
Nothing like putting a Band-Aid on a gaping wound...

The HotNess!  Just about perfect.  The white Deda stem would have to go in favor of a Thomson, but other than that...
And yes, I'd rock the pink all day...or least until I got tired of it...

It was a good weekend all the way around.
Nice little spin of The Iron Cross on Saturday with the regulars.  No effort to do anything but turn the pedals over.  Nice day + nice company + bike = good ride!
After the ride, The H.O. and I loaded up Junior Mgmt., and headed down to Santee State Park in...Santee.  What a nice spot!  It's a shame that more folks don't wander South Carolina.  So many wonderful places to spend a day.

 One of the myriad Limestone sinkholes throughout the park.  This one is probably 20 feet deep.  At the turnaround point of the "Sinkhole Loop" hiking trail, the hole has filled with water, and is the home of a momma alligator and her brood of 2-3 foot long progeny.  Pretty damn cool to see! 

 Then we ate at the Lone Star BBQ and Mercantile.  Not much I could eat, but very cool nonetheless.  And they had live bluegrass going on....so there's that!

Tripped over this on the way home.  Cool building, cool light!

Sunday, Il Prof and I met for a loop out through LexCo.  I turned to come home with 2.5 hours.  He stayed out for 3 or 4 more.  It was cloudy, cool, and little drops of rain fell the entire ride...pretty nice! 

I also figured out that the Silca Super Pista pump that I totally rebuilt has probably seen it's last days as the primary inflation device in Service Course.  Saturday morning, I felt like I had a flat the whole ride.  Upon checking pressure when I got home, the Vitts only had 100psi in them.  The gauge on the SP is reading 20psi low.  Dammit!  I guess I'll try to figure something out.  I feel guilty with the relegation to part-time duty, considering I've had it for almost 20 years...

And as Kate Upton says...

"It's a Wrap...!"

No comments: