01 June 2012

Last day

This is what 17% looks like. It pained me to get the camera out of my pocket. Excuse the bluriness. It looked the same thru my eyes...
The kicker running up to this section was 21%...for about 200 yards. I may have prolapsed a few things. The whole road is 6.5%. 1.5 miles and 515ft of vertical...with 3 switchbacks. I hate it, but love it...

So lush and green...

22 miles thru the valley. The three roads were all just like this one. I passed the Competitive Cyclist pro team going the other way. They were taking it considerably easier than I was. Of course, I'm not hammering for several hours on Sunday. I'll be home, watching it on the Intarwebs...
The whole ride was a bit under 40 miles and 2500ft of climbing...we don't get that much in a week in Cola!

I told you the Ridley was dirty. Breaks my little black heart. That little glob is the tar. It's everywhere...

Big cookout/party with some HS friends tonight, then in the Red Rocket for the trip home in the morning. I'd planned on staying until Sunday, but #2 son had a little meltdown about missing his dear old Dad. Made me feel a wee bit guilty and selfish...

Oh well, a couple of rest days, if you count riding in the car for 9-ish hours tomorrow rest. I can tell you, I ain't getting up Sunday, so don't ask!

Namaste!

No comments: