05 December 2011

Quiet Monday

Yeah right...
Actually, around these parts, Monday IS an enjoyable respite from the lunacy. It's only the little man and myself and these quiets mornings...

Hot links:

WTF? Kits Folks who are putting a team together should peruse this site, for no other reason than see what happens when Adobe Illustrator (or in some cases, MS Paint) goes bad. If it's a good idea in your head, sometimes, it ain't...

I like Parlees, and a really dislike Prius(es), or Prii, or whatever you call multiples of the not-so-Earth friendly car, so this video leaves me conflicted.



The video also raises questions...

If it reads your thoughts, do you ALWAYS have to be thinking about riding? Will you ride off the road if you have brain fade? Will the bike take you to the local nudie bar if you think about boobs? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Vaughters was on @tourchats will Neil and Dan last night. He took everyone on a tour of his house. What I did NOT see was the steamer trunk where he keeps The Gimp.

Okay enough...

Saturday was a good ride, albeit a bit chilly fresh. We rolled around LR for a while, and then spun back into the Fort. Il Prof and I peeled off, while Coco stayed out for another hour. And that's why he's a CAT1, racing for TeamGlobalBike. Normally, I'd stay out for the extra hour in the sunshine, but I knew what hell awaited me upon my return to Service Course. Christmas tree shopping...and I'll leave it at that...


Later in the evening, my plan was to change out the chain on the Ridley, seeing as it had been on the bike since I built it in April. This led to the discovery that my 39 chainring was shot, so it got changed as well. Since I was swapping out half of the drivetrain, everything got cleaned as well. It's amazing how smooth a bike shifts with new, clean bits.

Sunday, our little band of merry men rolled off into Lex/Cal for a 3+ hour jaunt. I actually made the effort to stay on the front with the aforementioned CAT1 for the majority of the ride. Again, it was another beautiful day in South Cack-a-lacky. Big sun, light wind and good ride partners...

Blah, blah, blah...get on with your Monday! :)

No comments: