01 December 2011

Helloooooooo.....

You know, I give Mark Cavendish a lot of stick, both here, and on the Twitters, for no other reason than he's of diminutive stature. I don't know the guy, but think that I would like him as a person. He seems pretty real and down to Earth, and is likely a good guy.


Yeah, getting the MBE is a pretty big deal....

No more night group rides for me. It seems that when the temps go down, so does the attendance. The ride was thin tonight...like runway model, can't eat more than a watercress salad and a Tic-Tac thin. Those who chose the brave the numbing 47 degree temps, stood around and yapped about the route, the length of the ride, and whatever else came up to delay throwing a leg over the top tube.
I took all I could, then rolled out solo.
I had no plans to ride remotely hard until I got to the tennis center of 12th. St. I rode around the K-Rail, and into the darkness. Note to self...DON'T EVER GO THAT WAY AGAIN!!!!

Why you ask?
A) It's very dark.
B) It's full of noises that completely mess with the inner eight year old.
C) The road is supposedly haunted. (see "B")
D) is for DEER.
E) Did I mention the haunted thing?

I was PINNED at somewhere North of 95% for the better part of ten minutes. It really stung, and I don't mean in a good way. My brain, as small and addled as it is, was in full overload. The combination of the pain, fear, and imagination gone wild was nearly more than I could handle. I didn't like it...
I'm coming down from it now, and really struggling to get my thoughts together and keep my eyes open.

Anyway, from now on, my Tuesday and Thursday rides will be solo affairs, or done with select company.

Namaste...(see below)

No comments: