11 December 2011

High speed...high drag...

If idle hands are the Devil's Workshop, then I'll be sitting on a puffy cloud, maybe not IN the "Upper Room", but somewhere close.
Between riding, parenting, decorating the house, go to Lowes because the 50' strand of LED lights was 18" too short, and dealing with the acquisition of a new family hauler, I really haven't had a chance to take a breath.
First the riding...
Saturday : Nearly 3 hours with IP, TVH, and Dr. LP
Sunday: 2 hours solo, though I did leave with the group. The aforementioned decorating, Lowes trip, and family hauler precluded my doing the planned 4 to 5 hour loop. It's okay, as the 2 solo hours in the wind was just about all I wanted to deal with today anyway.

Upon my return to Service Course, I hung all the lights with care, even those I had to go buy in the middle of the job. Wouldn't be a project w/o a trip to Lowes.

I then spent a small, albeit important (to no one but me), amount of time cleaning the new family hauler. Sure, the $7/hr making dude at the stealership washed it, but it wasn't up to my spec, so my OCD took over and cleaned it properly.

And now, The Beast...


Does this angle make my butt look big?

Yeah, it's a full-size, extended wheelbase SUV. I just cannot bring myself to drive a minivan. Well, that's not true. I'll DRIVE one, but if I'm buying a vehicle, a minivan it will not be...
We've had three minivans, but they were all company cars, meaning they were FREE.

Yeah, the mileage won't be great, but then again, I have a wife, three kids under 7, a dog, a bunch of bikes, and other crap that needs to accompany us on trips, so the BIG SUV fit the bill. Can't do all of that shit in a Prius. Well, you probably could, but it would take more than one.

Gotta figure out a name for it now...

4 comments:

Junk said...

PapĂ  carrello.

MM said...

"I like it when you call me Big Papa..." -Biggy

Hey, that leads me to a name...

"The Notorious GMC"

Jeff said...

"How about the suburban assault vehicle?" -Jeff Griffin Cola SC (BTW, love the blog)

MM said...

Thanks Jeff! Nice to know people actually stop by my little dirt road off the information superhighway!

The children seem to favor "The Beast" for now.