16 December 2011

Fun?

Rolled out with the WeCola night ride last night, including a special appearance by the local branch of the CycleSmart GR CX team, namely the two J's. J1 was worried that the ride would develop into a swordfight, but I assured him that the opportunity to simply rise above would be available. I also reinforced the ideal that those who deem it necessary to constantly whip out their swords usually carry little more than butter knives.
Anyway, we had big fun rolling around last night for a couple of hours. Plans are being made to night ride the Palmetto Trail on The Fort in the coming weeks, so if you're so inclined, please feel free to join us. CX or mountain bikes, makes little difference to me. Just be ready to enjoy yourself...

Boone-Roubaix registration opened today, for the low-low price of $25!! Yes, I said TWENTY-FIVE DOLLARS!! I had my finger on the trigger, and made the mistake of calling the H.O. for the go ahead, as one with three children is sometimes wont to do. Unfortunately, the best laid plans of this man were thwarted almost immediately as I was reminded that #2 son's 5th birthday is that day. I tried to sell the trip to Boone to watch daddy race his bicycle would be a great present. As usual, she wasn't buying...dammit!!


The World according to Bikeys...


I suddenly have the need to go buy a Jamis TT bike. Don't know why....weird...

Don't forget...

Saturday 0900 @ Brennan for 45 miles, including some paceline work.
Sunday 0900 @ Laurens and Greene for a jaunt into Calhoun County.
Everyone is welcome...

Namaste...

No comments: