04 September 2010

Saturday

I did a nice, easy, relatively slow tour of the old Thursday loop this morning. That is until I turned onto Airbase. I caught the back of a dumptruck and paced him at north of 65kmh until he slowed to turn into McEntire ANG Base. I settled in, and was just getting sucked along in the draft.
After that, I just rolled in. Nice day out there this morning...other than the fact that my 40 year old body is still trying to purge the Barium that I ingested on Thursday. Yeah, that shit just can't be good for you.

Speaking of motorpacing, my old pal Spence did something today that falls somewhere in the gray area that lies between slightly insane and very cool. Most of us, when the urge to pace hits, go anywhere from 2 minutes to 2 hours. Spence decided to motorpace from Charlotte, where he lives, to Holden Beach, NC. If you're curious, that's 200 miles!!! No, that's not a typo...


View Larger Map

How long did he ride? 7 hours 52 minutes! No, that's not a typo either! That's a bit North of 25mph. Impressed? You should be! He said he was 'smoked'...ya think?

Waiting for the H.O. to get home from Tatertown so we can go eat something...

No comments: