25 February 2010

Slowly...

I'm kicking this cold thing, albeit very slowly. I'm feeling better, but still quite a distance from baseline, whatever that may be! I made the (poor) decision to get on the elliptical tonight. After 15 minutes, I was sweating like an immigrant day-laborer, and felt okay...
At 30 minutes, my body decided it didn't like what I was doing and staged a coup d'etat. I honestly thought I was either having a stroke, or some sort of infarction...possibly both. I got off, went into the living room and just laid down on the cold, bare hardwood floor. I now understand why the dog lays on it in the summer months.
Suffice to say, I'm not getting on the bike for a few more days. Walking 20 feet when you explode during exercise is one thing. Being stuck out in the country when you come apart is a different animal altogether.
I think I need a break anyway. I was feeling a bit beat up and tired, plus my back was protesting EVERY ride.
I'll be out next week...

I know this is a 'bike-related' blog sort-of-thing, but I'm also a car geek. And being a child of the '70s and '80s, I have a particular softspot for 2nd generation Camaros and Firebirds. I tripped over a link to a collection in central Florida that made my head swim and loins ache. Just looking at it made my mullet start growing back in!!!! UNFUCKINGBELIEVEABLE!!!!!

Two builds coming up...
A carbon bike and a carbon bike...I'll post pics when they are complete! No cat out of the bag right now!

2 comments:

spokejunky said...

Is that Ponch in the driver's seat?

Velocodger said...

Better now than race season! After a few gallons of orange juice and some more days off the bike addiction you'll be good as new. Wow-that CHP Camaro is a beauty!
Lots nicer than my LTD CHP cruiser ever was....