07 February 2010

A sad day indeed...



Franco Ballerini died tragically at the age of 45...
I could write something here, but I think Velonews has covered all the bases. If you don't know who Franco Ballerini is/was, then you are missing out! He was one of the last generation of TRUE hard men of the North. Wins @ Roubaix in 1995 and 1998. Cycling has lost a giant and he will be missed!

I did 3.5 hours in the cold this morning. Pretty uneventful, but it made me realize that the short and sharp efforts are there, but the long, drawn out efforts need some work. Of course, I've ridden exactly 5 rides of 3 hours or more all winter, so I'm not too concerned about it.
I did raise the saddle height on the Ridley by 5mm and it's much better. I don't feel like I'm sitting in a hole now, and the twingy knee pain has disappeared. The positions on the Salsa and the Ridley are virtually the same now.

That's all I got today...F the Super Bowl and go watch your old copies of 95 and 98 Roubaix!

No comments: