26 December 2009

Update

A couple of days ago, I ranted about the shop not wanting my money. I shot an email to a friend in England who works for Diadora UK, relaying the story. Since she's my hookup for my stellar Diadora road shoes, I figured she may be able to hook me up with a similar discount on a pair of mountain bike shoes, since they are exceedingly hard to find in the US.
In turn, she emailed my rant to her boss. (didn't really plan on that part...)
This afternoon, I got an email from her that Diadora would be sending me a FREE pair of white, size 46 ProTrail Carbon mountain shoes! Kickass!
My friend, who I now owe a kidney (or at least a wet, sloppy kiss on the mouth) if she needs it, looked in her files and saw that I wore their ProRacer carbon shoes. At this point, the wheels in her beautiful, brilliant Italian/English mind started turning. The ProTrails and the ProRacers are ostensibly the same shoe, built on the same last, with the same fit, so she made the decision to send me PTs. See! That's customer fucking service! From this point forward, I will NEVER wear any cycling shoes that do not say Diadora on them, PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!


I hope the shop doesn't miss my $250...dicks!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I'm guessing it was Cycle Center. Although I wouldn't put it past Outspokin either...
I've been going to NC or GA for pro-level repairs and other crucial bike shop needs lately.

MM said...

Seeing as I wouldn't go into Outspokin' on a bet, it's not hard to figure out which shop it was...
If you need something done to your bike(s), let me know. I do work on more bikes in this town than the shops want you to know about...

Emily said...

yeah, after their mechanic fucked up the build on my $3000 road frame, then Brian yelled at me when I complained, I won't go into Outspokin again either.
most of the repairs I can't do myself are mountain bike specific (fork rebuilds, hydraulic brake line bleeds, etc) but thanks for the offer! and merry xmas

MM said...

Surprised you took the Lynskey in there...not surprised about the service...