26 December 2009

Holiday wishes...

I hope everyone had a joyous holiday, regardless of who you pray to when you hit your knees at night.
Santa was very kind to my family, especially the MTs. The living room looked like Toys R Us opened a new facility in my house!
As much as I complain, they are good kids and I love them more than anything on this planet! the H.O., not so much...kidding, of course. I am insanely lucky to have such a beautiful and loving wife, and she doesn't let me forget it!

Now for the riding portion of this post...
I TRIED to get out and meet Bond and JB this morning for a ride in the NE. I left the house in plenty of time to get out there for the 10am roll out. About 1/2 to Bond's house, I felt really good, and was rolling right along at SST when I rolled over a section of steel banding. You know the kind that large, palletized parcels are bound with....
The front tire rolled right over, flipping the banding 90 degrees. The rear tire hit it flush and suffered a fatal laceration. Steel Banding: 1 Conti GP4000s: 0
The tire was cut from bead to bead and rendered useless in .1 seconds.
No booting this one kids!
Of course, I was in a hurry this morning and left my Blackberry on the table, so there was no calling anyone for rescue. I took off my shoes and started to walk home. I probably walked about a mile until a very pleasant old Mexican man stopped and took pity on me. He gave me a ride home, which was completely out of his way. Nicest dude in Columbia right there! I thanked him and gave him the old $20 handshake. Worth every penny!
I feel like riding again, but should probably just stay in the house. It may not be my day!
I'll go out in the morning for a couple of hours!

No comments: