11 November 2009

Have I mentioned...

...that I hate the trainer?
The weather wasn't as biblical as the worthless 'meteorologists' in town predicted, but I wasn't about to go outside in the wet and risk sliding out and crashing on an already bunged up wing, so I swallowed my hatred for riding indoors and hit the ManHole(tm) for an hour on the turbo this morning.
The trainer has it's place, but I just can't fathom how in the hell folks ride it for more than 90 minutes or so. That's my absolute limit!
I popped in the 2004 Tour and set my HR @ 170...60 minutes later, I was soaked...the bike was soaked...the floor was soaked, and my spirit was somehow diminished. Riding the trainer is a double-edged sword. Even though I hold it in such low esteem, I know that it's an effective way to get a fast, focused workout. I know for a fact that I wouldn't have ridden that hard outside, in the wet, this morning.
The positive from the ride? Watching the 2004 Tour. I'm a Lance homer. Sure, I know a lot of folks bash him and call him a doper, but haters are as haters do. The one thing that you can't discount is the fact that Ekimov and Hincapie flat fucking KILLED the other teams in Stage 3 of the 2004 Tour, when they got to the cobbled sections. If you don't like that, then you just don't like anything!

Peace...gotta go to Target with the fam!

No comments: