07 August 2009

We'll see...

Went out Thursday with the group...probably should have turned off, but made the turn down to Elon with the bunch. The plan was to go out and do some openers and then go home. Well, I did some openers in the form of smashing the big ring all the way down to Elon. I went up the climb easy, thinking that the group would soft pedal, as usual, after going over the top. No such luck.
It was a nice chase all the way down to Bunky's. The ride got really fast on the run to Airbase, so I sat up. No sense in deadening my legs further considering my suspect level of fitness right now. I watched the bunch roll off into the distance and sat my pace @ 32-35kmh and just pedaled my big ass back to the house. I ended with one hour hard and one hour moderate, which was a little too much considering I'm racing in the morning. My legs were a bit stiff this morning. Gonna go visit the foam roller in a few minutes.

Wake up call comes at 0530 (not a typo) and then plan is to roll out the Battle Wagon(tm) @ 0630. Since my passengers bailed on me, I'm flying solo to Charlotte. I want to get there early enough to actually get a proper warmup this time. Every race this year, but one, I've done without warming up before. Some people can do it, but I'm 39 and have more slow-twitch fibers than fast at this point. The big diesel needs to get warmed up.

The course is short and technical, which I like. Whether it likes me is TBD...
Like I said...We'll see...

No comments: